Monday, August 22, 2011

because I feel like it and Not because I have to

These past few days I have been doing a lot better with my eating.  I haven't had to make such an effort to stay on the healthy path either (which makes me wonder: how is it that this brain of mine works?).  Maybe it's because I feel like I have to do whatever it is that I have to do to lose weight.  What if, that mentality is working against me?  I'm not exactly sure, but I'm thinking that maybe it is.  These past few days I haven't been as hard on myself and I haven't exactly felt like I "had to" either and as it turns out I have been doing pretty good.  I was struggling with the exercising and I kept telling myself that I "had to" go for a walk or do some type of exercise and I seriously felt a battle between my brain telling me I had to exercise and my body not wanting to.  Today was different tho, today I let the "have to" go and I actually felt like taking a walk! go figure right?  Now, it wasn't a big walk (20 minutes and just under a mile to be exact) BUT I walked and it wasn't a torture.  So, maybe I need to start programming myself to think like that and maybe just maybe I'll start seeing some steady results.

No comments:

Post a Comment