Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Super Yummy Cookies!

Last night, after being inspired by In the Kitchen with Audrey, I decided to bake some cookies with my 2yr. old son (I'll post the pictures as soon as I figure out where my son hid it:/)  I found a recipe online (I have to go back and find it so I can share it with you guys because it was THAT good:) I made a few changes and additions to the original recipe but over all came out super good and best of all...SUPER HEALTHY!:) Now, that I think about it, I shouldn't have baked at all because I have had way too many cookies (I can't stay away from them:/) but well, at least they aren't oreos right?:D
Ready to bake:)



Update:  Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (click here for the recipe).  They are super healthy and super yummy!  I was browsing the blogs for cookie recipes and I stumbled upon The Skinny Gourmet where she mentions another blogger's recipe and that's the one I made.  I added ground flax seeds, used less sugar, substituted some of the all purpose flour for whole wheat flour and added some chopped walnuts.  My cookies weren't exactly chewy (more like semi-crunchy) but I happened to like the end results:) if anything I think I made them healthier hehe;) 


I left the second batch in the oven too long and they browned too much:/ but still yummy;)

No comments:

Post a Comment