Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead

Hello!

I know I have been gone for quite a while, but seriously I had been feeling pretty defeated and down.  I gave up and was eating like a crazed elephant trying to fill a bottomless pit...not good.  Then, for whatever reason, my older sister started doing a juice fast (where you eat nothing but veggies and fruit juice) and told me about this movie that she had watched that inspired her to give it a try.  The next day my husband and I watched the documentary "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" and decided to give it a try.  Today I am on day 12 of my fast and I have never felt better.  I have more energy, I'm not hungry, I don't get those terrible muchies late at night anymore.  I'm satisfied the majority of the time and amazingly I am learning to deal with time not spent eating.  I'm watching t.v. and little by little that urge and need to grab something to eat, is slowly vanishing.  I'm so excited!  Yes, I have lost weight but what has kept me going has been that liberating feeling of no longer having to depend on food to get through my day, my anxiety, my emotions.  NOTHING BUT FRESH VEGGIE AND FRUIT JUICE OUT OF A JUICER.  NO SUGAR, NO SALT, NO COFFEE, NO DAIRY.  JUST JUICE.. and it's working!  I feel good!:)  I hope to do this for 30 days and then ease back into eating a veggie/fruit based diet with meat and grains once or twice a week.. this is like cleaning myself out inside and out  and learning to eat again:)




No comments:

Post a Comment