Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sunny Day

I'm glad it's not as hot as it was yesterday, it's turning out to be a pretty good day.  I have been eating pretty good and haven't been hungry yet.  I have been snacking on pineapple and strawberries yum yum:) and the rest of the day is looking good, I'm making a healthier version of one of my fave dishes "tortas ahogadas" for dinner and I'm looking forward to going for a walk later tonight with Leann.  
I wanted to mention two things that I use when I'm trying to be healthy that I think they make it easier for me to stay on track.  I bought a couple months ago a heart rate monitor watch (New Balance) at Kohls for like 30 bucks and I gotta say it's awesome.  I know it's probably not as accurate as it COULD be but for 30 bucks? it gives me a pretty good idea of how many calories I'm burning and where my heart rate is when I'm working out (definitely a lot more accurate than guessing and estimating).  The other thing that I use is the "Lose it" app on my Iphone, I mean you can keep track of everything you eat, how many calories you burned, and it tells you if you are under or over your daily calorie allowance and it's free and i don't know about you but I LOVE free! These are the two things that I tried and totally loved.  I'm supposed to start that P90X (or something like that) it's a workout dvd series that's supposedly really good, but I don't know, and I don't know if I'm actually going to do it, but if I do I'll let you know how it goes.  Oh, in case you were wondering I haven't weighed myself because the last time I weighed my self I was 187 (I had lost 12lbs) but then I started getting sick, thinking I was pregnant, feeling horrible, and really the last thing on my mind was counting my calories and working out SO I let go of myself and I'm SURE i gained it all back so I really don't want to step on the scale right now.  I'm going to wait two weeks and then I'll weigh myself and hopefully I'll be either 187 or less:) hopefully:/

No comments:

Post a Comment