Monday, September 19, 2011

Chicken Enchiladas







Today I decided to make something I discovered when I married my husband: Chicken Enchiladas with green salsa.  I remember the first time I had them for the first time at his aunt's Christmas party.  Don't get me wrong, I've had enchiladas before, but the way my mom makes (and I love those as well) is with the red salsa and they are completely drenched in oil and totally unhealthy but oh-so-delicious!:D  This one is slightly fried in the oil as well but, I don't do that, which makes them even more healthier:D

Green Chicken Enchiladas



What you need: 
  • Corn tortillas
  • Chicken breast (boiled w/onion, cilantro, and salt)
  • Green enchilada sauce can
  • Shredded Monterrey Jack cheese (low fat)
  • 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
  • Pyrex
What you do:
  • Shred chicken breast.
  • Boil enchilada sauce and add cumin.
  • Warm tortillas in microwave.
  • Assemble enchiladas: tortilla, a little bit of chicken, a little bit of cheese and roll it up.
  • Place neatly in Pyrex.
  • Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas.
  • Sprinkle Monterrey Jack Cheese over the enchiladas.
  • Cover with foil and place in oven at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.
  • Enjoy with rice and salad!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment